Here at SpinNGames we understand that for most people playing their favourite slots is a fun activity to fill their leisure time. But it is worth reminding that the activity should be kept balanced and that they should play responsibly.
If you feel that your gaming or the gaming of a close relative/friend of yours is beginning to be out of control then you can have a look on the resources available on our site to better understand the problem or receive help if necessary.
As a reader of our content we believe that making such resources available will assist in creating a safe and responsible environment as gaming should be kept as a fun activity.
Recognising that there is a problem:
Gambling in itself is not wrong and betting high amounts by itself does not constitute a problem. Even a smaller bettor can exhibit traits depending on his behaviour when playing.
Many organisations have offered criteria that can help someone if they or their relatives/friends can possibly have gambling disorders. The following are criteria used by Gamblers Anonymous can help one by answering identify if he is leaning towards having a gambling disorder.
- Did you ever loose time from work o school due to gambling ?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy ?
- Did gambling affect your reputation ?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling ?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise financial difficulties ?
- Did your gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency ?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your loses ?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more ?
- Did you often gamble until all your money was gone ?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling ?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling ?
- Were you reluctant to use gambling money for normal expenditures ?
- Did gambling maker you careless of the welfare or yourself or your family ?
- Did you ever gambler longer than you had planned ?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom, loneliness, grief or loss ?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling ?
- Did gambling cause you to have a difficulty in sleeping ?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustration crate within you an urge to gamble ?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling ?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling ?
Exhibiting one or two of the above might not be a reason to suggest that someone has a serious problem answering yes to 7 questions from the above can raise a flag. As gamblers anonymous suggests on their site, “Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least 7 of the above questions.
If at anytime you feel that you are not sure if you or a relative/friend of yours is a compulsive gambler you can contact someone through gamblers anonymous website. You can click on the link here which will take you to their site.